We answer ten questions about our upcoming book and then tag other authors to continue the baton carrying, so to speak
So, what's my next big thing?
1) What is the working title of your next book?
It's called The Reluctant Duke.
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
I was at my beach house and had finished reading my stash of Julia Quinn novels and thought about the heir and a spare idea- and thought " i could write a series about four friends, who are all spares, who don't want their fathers titles, but inherit anyway." Thus I had a series to write.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
It will be historical romance. Sexy or erotic, depending on your definition.
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Now this is a hard question. Annabelle is blonde, innocent and beautiful, so say...Amanda Seyfried
Colin is late twenties, brown hair, brown eyes, stunning. Hmmm...not sure- any suggestions?
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Annabelle wants a nice, comfortable existence, marrying a Duke is the last thing she planned on.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Red Rose Publishing is publishing it in January hopefully, I don't have an exact date yet.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
About 6 months on and off.
8)What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I can't really do that. When i wrote the series I was reading Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Sabrina Jeffries. So i suppose they are similar, but mine are much shorter and obviously not as well written- i wouldn't dare compare my writing with those three, but that's who's writing inspired me at the time.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
As above, Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Sabrina Jeffries :-)
10) What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?
I always enjoy reading a linked series, that is written as an independant book. This is the first in a series of four. All four men appear in all four books, and they are written chronologically, so that Colin and his wife Annabelle appear in the second. And then Archie and Victoria, and Colin and Annabelle appear in the third. etc. I love reading those sorts of series- so thats what i wrote! :-)
Then you need to round up five of your favourite authors so they can answer those questions next week!